The Kentucky Clean Fuels Coalition is seeking qualified applicants for Executive Director. Open until filled.
Job Title: Executive Director
Organization: Kentucky Clean Fuels Coalition
Salary Range: Commensurate with experience
Type: Full Time employment (35 hours per week)
Benefits: Flexible hours, telecommuting from within Kentucky, health insurance stipend, other
Description: The Kentucky Clean Fuels Coalition (KCFC) is seeking applications for the position of Executive Director. The Executive Director position is a full time, salaried, at-will position which reports to the Board of Directors and is responsible for the day-to-day leadership of KCFC and for its effective management.
KCFC is a non-profit organization whose mission is to connect providers and consumers of fuels across Kentucky with the best information and education available about clean transportation technologies. KCFC has been a designated U.S. Department of Energy Clean Cities partner since 1994. KCFC has over 50 member organizations with a 2017 annual budget of $150,000.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Provide support and council to Board of Directors to ensure smooth operation of all board functions. Serve as staff liaison to Full Board and committees. Develop, maintain and support a strong Board of Directors. Meet regularly with Board President, develop agenda for quarterly board meetings, lead efforts to identify and recruit new Board members.
Working with the Board of Directors, develop and articulate a long range vision for KCFC and strategy for implementation.
- Offer regular, purposeful, and appealing member meetings.
- Provide relevant current information via the website, email, social media, and print materials.
- Adhere to Clean Cities Partnership requirements for programming offerings.
- Actively seek out projects, partners, and funding that advance KCFC’s strategic plan.
Provide comprehensive and timely reporting to U.S. Department of Energy Clean Cities, and all fiduciary responsibilities for monies received.
Recommend, administer, and interpret policies/ procedures for the safe and sustainable operation of KCFC.
Hire and manage staff, independent contractors, and interns, including maintenance of position descriptions, personnel files, annual performance appraisals, and compensation.
Develop and maintain annual operating budgets, multi-year strategic planning budgets, and asset management. Prepare and submit regular budget and expenditure reports to the board and provide expense documentation to board Treasurer and CPA.
Personally participate in the identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of annual memberships. Identify and pursue potential leads, maintain strong relationship with funders, coordinate grant writing and reporting efforts, direct organizational finances. Develop and implement sponsorship and any giving campaigns. Evaluate need for a comprehensive membership and fundraising plan.
Represent the KCFC before the community. Serve as an external presence for the media on behalf of the organization. Communicate members’ and KCFC’s successes.
The director performs other duties as directed by the Board of Directors.
KCFC does not have office space and the director must work remotely, as well as provide his/her own vehicle for travel.
Vehicle miles traveled are reimbursed at the federal reimbursement rate. 10-20% travel required, primarily throughout Kentucky.
EDUCATION AND COMPETENCIES
– Bachelors degree
– Experience working on environmental issues and collaborating with diverse groups of people.
– Experience in fund raising and budget management preferred
– Minimum three years of management experience
– Experience working with a non‐profit board of Directors strongly preferred
– Excellent written and oral communication skills and proficiency in public speaking
– Must maintain confidentiality of sensitive and confidential information
– Strong organizational and project management skills
– Self starter, able to work independently off-site with limited in person contact with board.
– Commitment and ability to articulate KCFC mission
– Ability to relate to people of all ages
– A sense of humor, creativity, and an entrepreneurial spirit
– Must pass a background check
– Ability and desire to learn
Proficiency in using word processing and spreadsheet software.
Proficiency offering and attending web based meetings and webinars.
MORE INFORMATION To learn more about KCFC, please go to http://kentuckycleanfuels.org/.
Email resume’ with contact information and three professional references as PDF attachments to [email protected] before August 15, 2017.