Interest in using solar panels for auxiliary power is growing among fleet operators as main truck batteries are often no longer able to meet the power needs of today’s trucks due to new idle-reduction legislation and increased driver comfort demands.
NACFE recently released a Confidence Report on the use of solar technology on both tractors and trailers to help fleets determine if solar panels make sense in their application.
Participate in this webinar to gain insight into how fleets can evaluate if solar panels are a good investment, as well as the many benefits solar energy can offer, including:
• Minimizing engine idling while parked, providing fuel economy
• Supporting battery HVAC systems and hotel loads without batteries
• Reducing the expense and inconvenience of jump-starts and unplanned downtime
• Increasing driver retention by powering computers, cell phones, microwaves, etc.
• Supporting liftgate, telematics and reefer operations